Updated: Mar 30, 2022
Family Mass Preparation:
Sunday, March 13, 2022
FOCUS ON THE GOSPEL
The Transfiguration of Jesus
35 A voice came from the cloud. It said, “This is my Son, and I have chosen him. Listen to him.” Luke 9:35
In the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Sprit. AMEN
O God, you have commanded us to listen to your beloved Son. Please cleanse us and nourish us in our hearts and souls by your WORD, that we may see, listen, and obey what Jesus teaches us today. Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son, who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit, God, for ever and ever. AMEN.
VERSE BEFORE THE GOSPEL
V. Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus Christ
From the shining cloud the Father’s voice is heard. This is my beloved Son, hear him.
V. Praise and honor to you, Lord Jesus Christ
GOSPEL. Luke 9:28-36
V. The Lord be with you
R. And with your spirit.
DEACON: A reading from the holy Gospel according to Luke.
R. Glory to you, O Lord
(Make the sign of the cross on your forehead, on your lips and across your heart……You are asking God to fill your whole being with HIS WORD, HIS TRUTH, and HIS LIFE: Let Jesus become what I think, what I say, what I treasure in my heart.)
Jesus’ Appearance Is Changed
28 About eight days after Jesus said this, he went up on a mountain to pray. He took Peter, John and James with him.
29 As he was praying, the appearance of his face changed. His clothes became as bright as a flash of lightning.
30 Two men, Moses and Elijah, appeared in shining glory. Jesus and the two of them talked together.
31 They talked about how he would be leaving them soon. This was going to happen in Jerusalem.
32 Peter and his companions had been very sleepy. But then they became completely awake. They saw Jesus’ glory and the two men standing with him.
33 As the men were leaving Jesus, Peter spoke up. “Master,” he said to him, “it is good for us to be here. Let us put up three shelters. One will be for you, one for Moses, and one for Elijah.” Peter didn’t really know what he was saying.
34 While he was speaking, a cloud appeared and covered them. The disciples were afraid as they entered the cloud.
35 A voice came from the cloud. It said, “This is my Son, and I have chosen him. Listen to him.”
36 When the voice had spoken, they found that Jesus was alone. The disciples kept quiet about this. They didn’t tell anyone at that time what they had seen.
HOMILY: Teaching on God’s WORD
Jesus is Transfigured on a mountaintop from Story #54 pages 243-245.
1. Jesus taught his disciples how to pray by example. He took his disciples, Peter, James, and John up to a quiet place on a mountain to pray with God the Father.
2. When we take the time to listen and talk with God in prayer, we get closer and closer to God and He fills our hearts and souls with His light and love.
3. When Jesus prayed with His Father in Heaven, he was so close to the divine power, energy and light himself that the light began to shine from his face and his clothes became dazzling white. He was transfigured before them, still himself, still Jesus but radiant and glorious!
4. Peter, James, and John saw something amazing. They saw the great leaders of the past, Moses and Elijah who were now in heaven, talking with Jesus, preparing him for all that he would go through to rescue us from sin and death forever.
5. Even more amazing, they heard God’s Voice as a cloud surrounded them: “This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased. Listen to him.”
6. God the Father was confirming that Jesus was the Son of God on assignment to save all of us through his sacrifice on the cross.
7. We can see that this revelation on the mountain was a special gift from God to Peter, James, and John, maybe to help them through the hard times ahead when their beloved Jesus would be taken from them (for a time.)
8. What are you learning about who Jesus is in this story?
He carefully showed his disciples everything he wanted them to know about him so they could learn his Way of life,
9. What does Jesus want us learn about ourselves from this story?
God wants us to listen to and obey ALL that Jesus teaches us through HIS WORD….written in the Bible.
10. Who will you share this story with?
STATIONS OF THE CROSS
Fridays: 6:00 PM @ St. Francis
FAMILY CATECHESIS ZOOM SCHEDULE
CHOSEN. Confirmation Preparation
1. Monday Group, April 11, 25 6:30 Zoom, OR
2. 2. Friday Group, April 1,15,29 6:30 Zoom
BIBLE CHRONICLES : GOD’s STORIES
1. Tuesday, April 5, 196:30 Zoom
2. 2. Schedule make up sessions
FAMILY CATECHESIS: EUCHARIST MASS PREPARATION
1. Saturday, April 9, 2022 at 11:00 AM
2. Saturday, Schedule make up sessions
For Zoom links contact: email@example.com