“Growing healthy leaders and community, one family at a time." - SESSION #3A
Updated: Sep 12, 2020
“Growing healthy leaders and community, one family at a time.”
BLESSED HOLY COMMUNION
PART A: Pages 78-93
Welcome to our exciting BLESSED journey to learn and grow in CHARACTER through God’s grace (help) to become the-best-version-of ourselves in every moment of every day! We are on Session 5 of 12. These 12 sessions will help us grow in our faith, trust, and obedience to our living God from the inside out by:
1. listening and praying with God every day, 2. reading and pondering God’s WORD from the BIBLE 3. preparing our whole heart for the MASS also called HOLY COMMUNION or the
Eucharist 4. sharing our faith and trust in God with others in how we live our everyday lives.
Session 3 THE WORD OF GOD will help us understand that
God tells us his amazing plan for our lives in the BIBLE and in the MASS
Jesus IS the greatest teacher that ever lived and HE is our teacher in the BIBLE and in the MASS
Jesus teaches us as a family, how to worship God in the BIBLE and in the MASS
Get yourself settled in a quiet place without distractions. Take a moment to quiet yourself so you can hear and receive what God is offering you today in this Session!!!
Let’s think of ourselves as entering into God’s HOLY GROUND as we listen to this song from our Family Catechesis Playlist: THIS IS HOLY GROUND
1. Always begin with the BLESSED PRAYER (page 79 (in your workbook)
a. Make the sign of the cross: In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, AMEN
b. Read the BLESSED PRAYER slowly and ponder each word.
2. PRAYER JOURNAL: Write down notes and draw pictures to remember what you hear.
a. Talk to God using the Prayer Process: before or after the lesson!!!
Thank God for your blessings and God Moments: Keep reviewing and
adding your Gratitude list.
Think about yesterday. Talk to God about the times your were and were
NOT the best-version of yourself, your high points and low points.
God speaks to us through the words in the Bible and in this lesson.
What is God saying to you today when you ask: What do you think I should
Ask God to forgive you for anything you have done wrong and to fill your
heart with peace.
5. Change and grow
Talk to God about some way he is inviting you to change and grow.
6. PRAY for the other people in your life by asking God to guide them and
watch over them.
7. Pray the Our Father
“Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your NAME.
your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
And forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us."
b. BEFORE you start this lesson or any lesson: Ask God: Please show me one way in
this lesson that I can become a better version of myself.
c. AFTER the LESSON: Write down what you learned from God by the end of the l
lesson in your prayer journal or Mass Journal
3. VIDEOS: Watch Session 3 videos: Episodes 1-3
4. READ about Episodes 1-3 in Session 3. Choose the artwork you like best!
a. Episode 1: Overview of the MASS:
1. Four parts to the Mass? (page 80)
2. What is a rite? (page 81) SAME WAY EVERY TIME: the sign of the cross
3. What is liturgy? (page 82) PRAYER we say together
b. Episode 2: Introductory Rites: What are the different types of prayer? (page 88)
c. Episode 3: LITURGY OF THE WORD
1. We listen to the Word of God and
2. Ponder how we can live our lives as God invites us to do.
5. BIBLE: READING GOD’S WORD the most important book you will ever read
a. There are usually 4 readings in the Mass from a different part of the Bible
b. Here are the Readings for Holy Cross Day on Monday, September 14:
1. OLD TESTAMENT: Isaiah 45:22
2. PSALM 98: 1 (The “holy arm” is Jesus!!!)
3. NEW TESTAMENT: Philippians 2:5-11
4. GOSPEL: John 12:31-32
c. IN YOUR BIBLE:
1. Start with the Table of CONTENTS
2. Look for ISAIAH and PSALMS 98 under OLD TESTAMENT
3. Look for the BIG CHAPTER number then find the little verse number
6. WRITE in your PRAYER JOURNAL or MASS JOURNAL
a. What did you like about the LESSONS for Holy Cross Day from your Bible?
b. What did you find hard to understand?
c. Ponder how you can live your life from these verses from God’s WORD.
Example: Philippians 2:5: “ As you deal with one another, you should think and
act as Jesus did.” Remember the Our Father prayer: Forgive our sins as we
forgive those who sin against us.
7. CLOSING PRAYER: Practice saying the first few verses of the OUR FATHER every day!
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your Name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
8. ENJOY the Jesus Film for Children!!!!
My Little Catechism See pages 204-208 Read Questions and Answers and Discuss as a Family # 61-75
WE WILL CELEBRATE how much you are learning and growing in your unique and blessed relationship with God every time we ZOOM together!!
ZOOM EVERY SATURDAY @ 11:00 AM through November 7!
REQUIREMENT FOR 6 WEEK Celebration
1. Share one Sample from your Prayer/Mass Journal that shows how you are growing in your knowledge and love for God. Take photo and send to Sue: 760.445.4049, email@example.com With your Catechist: 2. Show how you find and ponder passages in the Bible 3. Memorize or explain the parts to the Lord’s Prayer 4. Share how Jesus is with us in the Mass: Bible/Holy Communion 5. Three questions and answers that are most important to you and your family from My Little Catechism. (Example: #62,66,74)