I Am the True Vine, You are the Branches - John 15:1-11
Updated: May 15, 2020
15 Jesus said, “I am the true vine. My Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch joined to me that does not bear fruit. He trims every branch that does bear fruit. Then it will bear even more fruit. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain joined to me, just as I also remain joined to you. No branch can bear fruit by itself. It must remain joined to the vine. In the same way, you can’t bear fruit unless you remain joined to me.
5 “I am the vine. You are the branches. If you remain joined to me, and I to you, you will bear a lot of fruit. You can’t do anything without me. 7 If you remain joined to me and my words remain in you, ask for anything you wish. And it will be done for you. 8 When you bear a lot of fruit, it brings glory to my Father. It shows that you are my disciples.
9 “Just as the Father has loved me, I have loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love. In the same way, I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that you will have the same joy that I have. I also want your joy to be complete.
1. Who is Jesus in this story?
2. Who is God the Father?
3. Who are we?
4. Where is the nourishment coming from for all the branches to bear the delicious fruit? (The gift of the HOLY SPIRIT flows into us like sap from the vine to the branches)
5. What does “remain” mean? Circle and count the times is the word “remain” is used:
6. How many times do you find the words: “to bear fruit”?
7. How do we know we are bearing FRUIT? (Look up Galatians 5:22: LOVE….)
8. What happens when you remain more and more where God is and experience His LOVE for you?
9. Where do you find God in your life?
10. Draw a picture of yourself bearing much fruit…..sharing God’s LOVE with others…..