Our BLESSED Summer Adventure SESSION #5: YOUR FIRST RECONCILIATION Pages 137-175
Our BLESSED Summer Adventure
SESSION #5: YOUR FIRST RECONCILIATION
THANK YOU for taking special time to be with our loving GOD this SUMMER!!!!
This Session explains what the Sacrament of Reconciliation is all about as you continue learning and growing to LOVE God with all your heart every moment of every day!!!
Because of our “stay-at-home” guidelines, we will need to wait until it is safe to schedule your special time with our priest. It will be a very special moment in your life!
Get yourself settled in a quiet place without distractions. Take a moment to quiet yourself so you can hear and receive what God is offering you today in this Session!!!
1. BLESSED PRAYER on Page 137.
a. Make the sign of the cross: In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, AMEN
b. Read the BLESSED PRAYER slowly and ponder each word:
God our loving Father
Thank you for all the ways you bless me
Help me to be aware that every person,
place, and adventure I experience is an
opportunity to love you more
Fill me with a desire to change and to grow,
and give me the grace to become
every moment of every day. AMEN
2. PRAYER JOURNAL: spiral bound notebook with the BLESSED picture pasted on.
a. REVIEW your learning from Session #4
i. Look through the pictures on pages of Session #4 in your workbooks (pages 105-
ii. Review pages 128-129.
iii. Write down something you want to always remember in your heart in your journal.
iv. FOR EXAMPLE: from p. 129 #10: God will always love me no matter what!
b. Write a question you want God to answer for you.
i. Example: Lord, how can I share your love with others today?
ii. Example: Will you please help me to pray with you every day?
3. VIDEOS: Watch Session 5 videos: Episodes 1-7
4. READ each Episode in Session 5 and enjoy the beautiful artwork on each page to inspire you to create your own pictures of what God is teaching you!
a. Episode 1: Great Moments in Life (pages 138-139)
b. Episode 2: The Garden of Your Heart (pages 140-143))
c. Episode 3: Preparation Matters (pages 144-145)
d. Episode 4: The Five Steps (pages 146-161)
e. Episode 5: From the Bible: The Prodigal Son (pages 162-165)
f. Episode 6: First but Not Last (pages 166-167)
g. Episode 7: CLOSING PRAYER: (pages 174-175)) Memorize the Glory Be prayer on p.174!
5. BIBLE: READING GOD’S WORD: Find Luke 15:11-32 in your Bible.
a. LUKE is the third book in the NEW TESTAMENT toward the end of the Bible. Luke is
one of the four Gospels that tell the story of Jesus’ life on earth.
b. Find the introduction page that tells you about Who wrote the book. Look at the last
question: What are some of the stories in this book. Look at the fifth story: Jesus tells the
story of the lost son: Luke 15:11-32
c. Look for Luke 15 at the top of the pages for the Gospel of Luke
d. Find the BIG 15 which is the Chapter number……Find: The Story of the Lost Son and
then the little number 11 ….which is VERSE 11.
e. Read from verse 11 to verse 32.
f. Tell the story in your own words to your family with the pictures on pages 162-165 in
your BLESSED workbook.
6. SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW: Complete pages 170-171 in your workbook.
(Check your answers in the black and white hand-out: ANSWERS for SESSIONS 1-6 pages 170-171)
7. PRAYER JOURNAL: Write or draw something special that God taught you in this Session #5. Say the Our Father prayer that you wrote out in your journal at least once a day!
8. ADVANCED: Go through pages 137-175 in Session #5 and HIGH LIGHT what you want to remember to be the best-version-of-yourself and to share with others.
9. JOURNAL WITH JESUS on page 173 with the prompt: When I think of you on the cross, I am thankful because……
10. CLOSING PRAYER: Read and Ponder the Glory Be prayer on page 174.
My Little Catechism See pages 206-237
BONUS BLESSED POINTS!!!!!! 1 point for each question and answer read and discussed with your parents and/or a Catechist from the LITTLE CATECHISM: THIS WEEK: read the question and answer for #91 in the LITTLE CATECHISM on page 221 and going deeper on page 222. ADVANCED: also #93 on page 222
KEEP TRACK of your BLESSED POINTS each week.
You will share your progress, blessings, and questions with your Catechist each week by phone, Face Time or ZOOM when they call you!
WE WILL CELEBRATE how much you are learning and growing in your unique and blessed relationship with God at the END of SIX WEEKS!!!