Updated: Nov 16, 2021
6:30 PM @ St. Francis ALLELUIA: God loved us, and sent his Son
as EXPIATION for our sins.
Expiation: wiping out our sins or wrong choices that take us away from God as we confess our wrong choices and turn back to God’s will and way of life for us.
PLEASE REVIEW before going to MASS: https://vimeo.com/646133996/be61872a38
Before the MASS:
1. Eucharist means THANKSGIVING to God for this way of life
2. We offer our Thanksgiving or Gratitude to God for all His blessings each time we come to the Eucharist or Mass.
3. We show how much we LOVE God with all our heart when we quietly listen and learn all that He teaches us.
4. Read and ponder the prayer on page 1 of the Interactive Mass Book before the Eucharist or MASS begins.
5. Remember in your heart how GRATEFUL you are to be a child of God and part of God’s FAMILY.
6. Notice and ponder:
The ALTAR or table where the bread and wine are consecrated. p.10
The San Damiano cross of the RESURRECTED Christ
What Liturgical Color is the Priest wearing?_______
What does the color mean? p.4
7. Follow the Order of the Mass p.3 by turning the wheel.
8. Read p.6……Jesus loves us so much, he will always forgive us when we bring our SINS or wrong choices to him.
9. PONDER and TRACE over the words of today’s Alleluia before the Gospel Reading:
God loved us, and sent his Son as EXPIATION for our sins.
10. Read GOD’s WORD from the Gospel for today: The Story of Zacchaeus Luke 19:1-9 carefully. Highlight the words that catch your attention. Ponder these words for your life.
11. LISTEN carefully to God’s speaking to us throughout the MASS. What special word or words do you hear?___________________________ e.g. God LOVES us. God is always seeking us and wants to come to our house and helps us learn to live in His Family….His Kingdom
12. Watch carefully as the Priest prepares the bread and the wine and look for: from p.11
Wine pitcher (glass cruet)
Chalice (for wine)
Ciborium (holds the consecrated hosts)
13. Watch the priest’s hands carefully as he prays over the bread and wine and listen to his prayer. What did you learn by watching and listening carefully? The bread and wine become for us the Body and Blood of Christ
14. Say the OUR FATHER p.17. Say this prayer EVERY day and learn it deeply in your heart!!! What part was most meaningful to you today?
15. Go up for a blessing and experience the power and love of God’s PRESENCE……Go back to your seat and sit in God’s loving Presence.
16. At the end of the Eucharist, the Priest sends us out to love and serve others.
17. What are you planning to share from this amazing experience with God?
18. Who will you share God’s love with this week?
Zacchaeus the Tax Collector
Luke 19:1-10. Zacchaeus
1. Jesus came to Jericho and intended to pass through the town.
2. Now a man there named Zacchaeus, who was a chief tax collector and also a wealthy man,
3. was seeking to see who Jesus was; but he could not see him because of the crowd, for he was short in stature.
4. So he ran ahead and climbed a sycamore tree in order to see Jesus, who was about to pass that way.
5. When he reached the place, Jesus looked up and said to him, “Zacchaeus, come down quickly, for today I must stay at your house.”
6. And he came down quickly and received him with joy.
7. When they all saw this, they began to grumble, saying, “He has gone to stay at the house of a sinner.”
8. But Zacchaeus stood there and said to the Lord, “Behold, half of my possessions, Lord, I shall give to the poor, and if I have extorted anything from anyone I shall repay it four times over.”
9. And Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house because this man too is a descendant of Abraham.
10. For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save what was lost.”