“Growing healthy leaders and community, one family at a time.”
BLESSED HOLY COMMUNION
PART A: Pages 53-65
Welcome to our exciting BLESSED journey to learn and grow in CHARACTER through God’s grace (help) to become the-best-version-of ourselves in every moment of every day! We are on Session 3 of 12. These 12 sessions will help us grow in our faith and trust in our living God from the inside out by: 1. listening and praying with God every day, 2. reading and pondering God’s WORD from the BIBLE 3. preparing for the greatest feast day ever: The MASS 4. sharing our faith and trust in God with others in how we treat others every day.
Session 2 will:
Help us understand why the MASS or Eucharist is the most amazing event on eaarth
Explain that spending time with God fills us with the grace (his help) that we need to live HOLY lives
Help us realize that LISTENING to God’s Voice is one of God’s greatest lessons.
Get yourself settled in a quiet place without distractions. Take a moment to quiet yourself so you can hear and receive what God is offering you today in this Session!!!
1. Always begin with the BLESSED PRAYER page 53 (in your workbook)
a. Make the sign of the cross: In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, AMEN
b. Read the BLESSED PRAYER slowly and ponder each word.
2. PRAYER JOURNAL: Write down notes and draw pictures to remember what you hear.
a. Talk to God using the Prayer Process:
Thank God for your blessings and God Moments: Keep reviewing and
adding your Gratitude list.
Think about yesterday. Talk to God about the times your were and were
NOT the best-version of yourself, your high points and low points.
What is God saying to you today when you ask: What do you think I should
Ask God to forgive you for anything you have done wrong and to fill your
heart with peace.
5. Change and grow
Talk to God about some way he is inviting you to change and grow.
6. PRAY for the other people in your life by asking God to guide them and
watch over them.
7. Pray the Our Father
“Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your NAME. your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.” b. Always ask God BEFORE you start the lesson:
1. Please show me one way in this lesson that I can become a better version of
2. Write down what you learned from God by the end of the lesson.
3. VIDEOS: Watch Session 2 videos: Episodes 1-4
4. READ about Episodes 1-4 in Session 2 and enjoy the beautiful artwork!!
a. Episode 1: The Ultimate Prayer (pages 54-55)
b. Episode 2: God’s House (pages 56-57)
c. Episode 3 The Third Commandment (58-59)
d. Episode 4: Listening to God (pages 60-61)
5. BIBLE: READING GOD’S WORD the most important book you will ever read
a. Watch the video on Jonah:
b. In your BLESSED FIRST COMMUNION workbook: Review pages 62 and 64.
c. IN YOUR BIBLE: The Book of JONAH: Chapters 1-3
1. Find where JONAH starts: Table of CONTENTS under OLD TESTAMENT
2. Look for Chapter 1 (Big NUMBER) at the top left .
3. Read Chapters 1-3 to review the story of Jonah that you saw in the video.
4. Find verse 2 (little number) and read and ponder this verse:
He said, “When I was in trouble, I called out to the Lord. And he answered
me.” 6. WRITE in your PRAYER JOURNAL or MASS JOURNAL
a. What did you like about the Story of Jonah from your Bible?
b. What did you find hard to understand?
c. Jonah prayed to God for help when he was in trouble. What will you do when you
are in trouble?
d. What did God do when the people of Ninevah started doing what he wanted them
to do? (See Jonah 3:10)
7. CLOSING PRAYER: Practice saying the first few verses of the OUR FATHER every day!
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven. AMEN.
8. SELECT A FEW SONGS TO LISTEN TO:
a. Family Catechesis Playlist (click)
b. Blessed Music Playlist (click)
My Little Catechism - See pages 193-225 Review #1-30; Read Questions and Answers and Discuss as a Family # 30-45
WE WILL CELEBRATE how much you are learning and growing in your unique and blessed relationship with God every time we ZOOM together!!
EVERY SATURDAY @ 11:00 AM through November 7!