“Growing healthy leaders and community, one family at a time.” - SESSION #5
Updated: Oct 15, 2020
“Growing healthy leaders and community, one family at a time.”
SESSION 5: PREPARING FOR YOUR BLESSED FIRST COMMUNION
MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION for PARENTS
1. REQUIRED: Children AND Parents continue to attend Saturday Zoom Sessions: October 10, October 17 @ 11:00 AM.
2. BAPTISM for Children prior to Reconciliation and First Communion Family by Family: Sunday, October 25: 2:00, 3:00, 4:00 or 5:00 PM Completed application due by Thursday , October 15. Mail by Tuesday, October 13.
3. RECONCILIATION for ALL baptized children: Saturday, October 31: 2:00-3:00 at Saint Francis to be eligible for First Communion on Saturday November 7.
4. FIRST COMMUNION on Saturday, November 7: 9:30 AM at Saint Francis, for ALL baptized children who have attended Reconciliation. Completed applications with a copy of BAPTISMAL certificate due by Thursday October 15 to Ms. Sue Bentley: e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or hard copies mailed or dropped off at 656 Bel Air Drive W, Vista, CA 92084 in the black box by the door.
5. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
FIRST COMMUNION will be held OUTSIDE with only immediate families ALL WITH FACE COVERINGS.
God Parents or Sponsors are not required for FIRST COMMUNION.
DRESS CODE: GIRLS: white dress below the knees, NO gloves; BOYS: tennis shoes, long pants, long sleeve dress shirt and tie
THERE IS NO CHARGE for First Communion. Saint Francis is graciously receiving our North County Outreach Catechesis children as a Good Samaritan GIFT to us.
You do not need to be a member of Saint Francis to receive First Communion on November 7.
Families are encouraged to continue as members of our North County Outreach Initiative’s HOLY FAMILY community to receive academic support through CSUSM tutors, compassionate care and continuing faith formation toward CONFIRMATION.
Our North County Outreach HOLY FAMILY will support Maryland Elementary as a missional community serving others throughout the year: kindergarten family literacy initiative, reading with younger children, helping with schoolwide events and more.
We welcome our current FAMILIES to serve as leaders/catechists for younger siblings and new families.
PLEASE CONTACT: Ms. Angeles @ 760.458.7182; Ms. Catalina @ 760.936.7955 or Ms. Sue @760.445.4049 with questions.
We have been blessed to serve your children and family as they learn and grow to be all God created them to be!
NOW Let’s enjoy our BLESSED HOLY COMMUNION SESSION 5:
This VERY important session will help you believe in your mind and heart that:
You are ready to say YES to GOD’s WILL for your life and RECEIVE YOUR FIRST COMMUNION.
It is a blessing to receive Jesus in the MASS as often as possible to become all that God created you to be: the BEST VERSION of yourself to love God and others more and more each day.
6. Let’s take a moment to quiet ourselves so we can receive all that God offers us in this session. This is what you will always do before the MASS begins!
7. Let’s begin with the BLESSED PRAYER page 143 (in your workbook)
8. Let’s watch Session 5 video Episodes: 2 and 5 together
9. Here is a prayer found on page 149 to say over and over as you prepare to receive Jesus during Holy Communion:
Loving Father, thank you for all the wonderful ways you bless me everyday.
Please prepare my mind, heart, and soul to receive your son Jesus in the Eucharist.
And help me to always remember that you want the very best for me. AMEN
10. BIBLE READING: LUKE 1:42-44. In your Bible: Mary Visits Elizabeth:
42 In a loud voice she called out, “God has blessed you more than other women. And blessed is the child you will have! 43 But why is God so kind to me? Why has the mother of my Lord come to me? 44 As soon as I heard the sound of your voice, the baby inside me jumped for joy.
Start with the Table of CONTENTS
Look for LUKE under NEW TESTAMENT
Look for the BIG CHAPTER number 1 then find the little verse number: 42 and read from verse 42-44. Ponder these verses in your heart.
11. WRITE in your PRAYER JOURNAL or MASS JOURNAL
Write out: With Jesus inside of me, God is sending me on a mission to bring love to the world!
Draw and color something from your heart that shows what this means to you!
12. SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW
Find the answers in the online Leader’s Guide:
Fill out your answers especially to TRUE/FALSE: #1, 3. Correct FALSE answers;
FILL IN THE BLANKS: #5, 7, and 10 on pages 158-159.
CLOSING PRAYER: Practice saying the OUR FATHER every day!
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your Name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.
Keep us from temptation
and deliver us from evil AMEN