Our BLESSED Summer Adventure SESSION #2: THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF
SESSION #2: THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF
The BLESSED-RECONCILIATION Adventure Continues…….
Keep track of your BLESSED points for SPECIAL BLESSINGS at the end of SIX WEEKS!!!
You receive 1 point for completing each item #1-10 below. You let your catechist know what you completed as a family each week!!!
1. Read the BLESSED PRAYER EVERY DAY slowly and reflectively together (page 31) Begin with:
“Let’s take a moment in silence to be still and quiet and open ourselves up to whatever God wants to lead us to today. “
Make the sign of the cross: In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,
God our loving Father
Thank you for all the ways you bless me
Help me to be aware that every person,
Place, and adventure I experience is an
Opportunity to love you more
Fill me with a desire to change and to grow,
and give me the wisdom to choose
every moment of every day.
2. In your Prayer Journal: draw or write out a blessing from God you experienced each day.
3. VIDEOS: Watch Session 2 videos: Episodes 1-6
4. READ ALONG with the videos a second time: See pages in your workbook:
a. Episode 1: Happiness and Free Will (pages 32-33)
b. Episode 2: Making Decisions (pages 34-40)
c. Episode 3: The Greatest Commandment (pages 43-45)
d. Episode 4: Temptation, Sin, and Grace (pages 46-53)
e. Episode 5: From the Bible: Adam and Eve (pages 54-57)
f. Episode 6: Follow Your Conscience (pages 58-61
5. BIBLE: READING GOD’S WORD: Read and Ponder Genesis 3:1-7 in your Bible (see pages 54-57 in your BLESSED workbook.)
6. PRAYER JOURNAL: Write or draw what God taught you about CONSCIENCE (Pages 58-59)in your prayer journal
7. SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW: Complete pages 62-63 in your workbook.
(Check your answers with ANSWERS for SESSIONS 1-6)
8. HIGH LIGHT: Find and highlight the right answer in pages 31-67 for each item
in SHOW WHAT YOU KNOW.
9. JOURNAL WITH JESUS with the prompt: I am the best version of myself when I……… on page 65
10. CLOSING PRAYER: Read and Ponder
My Little Catechism See pages 206-237 BONUS BLESSED POINTS!!!!!! 1 point for each question and answer read and discussed with your parents and/or a Catechist from the LITTLE CATECHISM: Read questions and answers #16-30 in the LITTLE CATECHISM on pages 206-237, Especially this week: #150 How often should we pray?
KEEP TRACK of your BLESSED POINTS each week.
You will share your progress, blessings, and questions with your Catechist each week by phone or ZOOM when they call you!
WE WILL CELEBRATE how much you are learning and growing in your unique and blessed relationship with God at the END of SIX WEEKS!!!